Thursday 2 June 2011

How to -Curly and Voluminous Hair

Michelle's Style File asked for a tutorial on my hair in this post and some others(like Kristina Lennon-fashion's answer to miss marple!) complimented it and commented on it as well(i thank all who did).So here it goes:
1.after washing my hair I let the hair dry out partially so it isn't dripping wet.
2.I divide my hair in two parts(the same way you would for a half up half down hairdo).
3.twist the the upper portion.Then hold it firmly and push it slightly forward to create a pouf.
4.hold it in position and wrap the twisted portion around itself.
5.do the same for the lower portion and secure them with bobby pins.
I know it looks very weird.I love going around the house like this

I left this overnight and before opening it I sprayed some hairspray about 15-20mins ahead of opening.

That is all I did.
Other methods-
Blow drying the hair upside down after shower creates a lot of width in my hair.
I also sometimes use the l'oreal studio line volumizing mousse. It is an awesome product.

I don't like teasing my hair it totally ruins it and I already have thin hair; I don't want to damage it further. And it's also a lot of work;not long-lasting either. I have found out most of these by searching for the easiest methods in less than 10 minutes on google and youtube when I had nothing else to do. These are for all people who are lazy like me or just are in a time crunch. 
Some days I don't even brush my hair and bunch it up in a top bun and leave because i am too sleepy to do anything.


 Have Been Listening to one of my All Time Favourites.Enjoy
P.S.- Thank you for the feauture Caramellitsa.Check her blog out. And see my feature here.

15 comments:

  1. Again I wish I had your hair.. My hair is so thin, nothing happens with it :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, simple yet elegant. Love it..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet of you to share your tricks! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tut! Thanks for sharing. This seems to easy- I'll be sure to give it a try : )
    x
    Michelle
    www.michellesstylefile.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. love this post!!! so cool tips :DD
    my hair is really curly but my sisters' is not so i ll tell her :DD

    kisses <3

    caramellitsa

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will have to try this. It looks so full and beautiful! Thank you for your sweet comment! Kiah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow the result is gorgeous! A really helpful hint also is the product you used- it can have such an effect on holding the style. I'm going to have to try this out, hopefully it will work on my shorter hair! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. YAY...great tips and most beautiful, gorgeous hair!!

    Kisses,
    http://fashionmakeuplifestyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorei seu cantinho.
    Estou te seguindo, me siga também pra
    trocarmos figurinhas. Beijinhos

    chaveexclusiva.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great trick and thanks for the link miss :')

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like your hair!!!

    Kisses.

    http://laventanadegogo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. 1. you have gorgeous hair
    2. that is one of my FAVORITE songs ever. the opening to jolene gives me goosebumps every time!
    3. thanks for your comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. great hair tutorial! looks great. thanks for stopping by

    http://www.pinkpeonieswithlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wish I'm good at doing my hair :)

    ReplyDelete