Thursday 26 May 2011

15 minute Microwave Cheesy Chicken with Chives Recipe

I was supposed to watch Pirates of the Caribbean 4 yesterday but astonishingly both my best friend and I managed to actually sleep through all our gazillion alarms, a new feat even though we are both very lousy early risers; usually the alarms do the trick and wake us up somehow. Magic perhaps?!
I had done something to my hair to get some oomph in it(to put it in a way) because i knew there wouldn't be much else happening. As it turned out the plan was cancelled but I did go out in the evening with my mother(bleh!) and got the ingredients for this recipe. I had very little time so i got some low light photos only. 

Here is how my hair looked-

I actually have poker straight hair


We did go today. Love you Mr.Depp ♥♥♥♥..If only i could actually ever say that to him in person!


Recipe-
Ingredients: 1 large boneless chicken breast(chopped in cubes).mushrooms,chopped onion whole,half of a big tomato,dried chives,sliced carrots,butter,salt. For marinade:fresh yogurt(home-made or store bought),1 cube of sour cream & onion cheese,dash of lime juice,salt,pepper,a table spoon of chives.
Process:Make the marinade and dip the chicken in it and keep in the freezer for 10mins and if you have time you can keep it for an hour in the normal part of the fridge. While the chicken is in the fridge saute the mushrooms in butter along with the onion and tomato and a teaspoon of chives at the end for about 5mins. Steam the carrots for 5 mins or till it is cooked but make sure it does not lose its crunch. Sprinkle some salt on it so that it doesn't taste bland. The main work is done. Now just glaze a microwave-proof bowl/plate with butter and put the marinated chicken in the micro in the micro-grill combo mode at 450W for just 5mins and it is done. Serve up hot with any kind of bread you like.
Tip: To make sure the chicken doesn't lose moisture I covered it very lightly with some butter paper.

38 comments:

  1. good photo :)
    grets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. visit my bloog...

    ReplyDelete
  3. it looks so yummi :))) nice !

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is really quick and looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks delicious!! :P

    nice blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that hair is great! Looks like a yummy food also.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So jealous of your hair lol They look really nice! (:

    ReplyDelete
  8. looks delish!

    xxo
    http://www.iamheizl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your hair- mine is dead straight too! Can you please do a tutorial?
    x
    Michelle
    www.michellesstylefile.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can almost taste it.. Yummi!

    I also want to thank you for your lovely comment on my blog and for stopping by in general, I really appreciate it! You have also a great blog, keep on going with this!

    If you are resally interested in being featured on my blog, please let me know by sending me an email(can't find it hear, other wise I'd contact you)? It's okay that you don't have Twitter, we can figure something out!

    I'd love to hear from you again!


    Love,

    Rock 'n Style
    http://www.rocknstyleblog.blogspot.com
    http://twitter.com/RocknStyle

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks so yummy....


    Cynthia.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah so jealous, I really want to go see pirates of the caribbean 4! But still haven't seen the last one, so in need of catching up first haha.
    Your hair looks lovely, I can never get mine to curl!
    Great recipe and blog :)

    ps. Thank you for your post comment, always appreciated :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes, this is in Delhi but I am sure Wella will plan for other metros/cities too soon.<3

    ReplyDelete
  14. great recipe, i'm gonna try it sometime, thanks for sharing :)

    stop by mine some time:)

    greetings from Sweden

    http://foreverunderstated.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. If it weren't for my husband, I'd be married to Johnny Depp <3 <3 The chicken looks marvelous! The jazzed up hair too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. your hair look amazing! i saw pirates of the caribbean! awesome!especially with johnny depp in it, right? lol

    ReplyDelete
  17. hey! im following you now!

    your hair looks pretty!!!!
    and the food loookksss yumyazing!!!!

    =)

    modalouvain.blogspot.com
    btw, dont forget about my giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow love your hair!

    ReplyDelete
  19. your hair looks great! jealous, mine is so straight :/
    xx http://highwaiisted.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your curly hair. and the recipe looks very good (and exotic for me yummy) :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I adore your hair like that! it looks so pretty!

    x
    www.lostinthehaze.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. pirates 4 was such a great movie - your hair looked so cool! that recipe looks delicious, too!

    -j
    sorelle in style

    ReplyDelete
  23. Like your hair!
    And the recipe sounds delicious, Im not a real good cook though ;)

    XOXO
    http://bohemianbubbles.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. hey just came through ur blog..its lovely..

    do visit my blog,
    vranda

    stairway2fashion.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. That looks yummy :-)


    My blog
    xoxo Michaela

    ReplyDelete
  26. thanks for visiting us and hyping! looking forward to future posts!

    -j, your newest follower :)
    sorelle in style

    ReplyDelete
  27. i love love your hair dear, so healthy and shiny!!!:))
    xoxoxo
    Jelena
    http://glamfabchameleon.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  28. cute hair!

    http://picketfencefashionsense.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. That sort of made me feel hungry now :) Great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Cute hair! And yummy looking recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I think I'll watch the movie today, since the last three times we've planned to do that just one of my friends had no time or other reasons not to join us so I hope this time it will work out to watch it ^^

    By the way, the recipe sounds really tasty.. Maybe I'll have a try!

    ReplyDelete
  32. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I really loved your hair! Thanks for visiting my blog. Just a question: Am I following you? I don't know :p

    xxxxxxoooooooo

    Heloo

    ReplyDelete
  34. awww GOD i love your hair
    come follow my blog i would like to keep in touch with you

    www.emma_insideout@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete