Tuesday 21 April 2015

Fringed Kimono

This is the kimono I got from Dressin. I wrote about them *here*. I have fancied owning a kimono cardigan for a while. Kimonos tend to make me look bulkier. But, I decided it's high time I just got one. 
There are a lot of rules for dressing up a woman's body. The rules are more restrictive for fat bodies. The clothing, according to mainstream fashion dictats, should not be too revealing and neither should it be too misshapen/oversized. One runs the risk of exposing fat rolls with revealing clothes, and god forbid anyone sees those. The horror that would unleash, right? *yawns with sarcasm* And clothing that makes you look bulkier is also a complete no-no. Because, God forbid if we look fatter than what we already are!
So, I gave up my inhibitions and wore the kimono in all it's glory. It was too damn hot that day so I had to keep my outfit simple. But, nothing really beats the blue jeans and white tee combo. I got these round sunglasses for just a 100 INR. Well it was a gift. I am on my way to owning a collection that will soon consist of nothing but round sunglasses. 





The thing is, the grunge loving bohemian heart of mine loves unironed, oversized clothing. There is a lot of appeal in asymmetric and deconstructed clothing. These design details can make even the simplest of clothes highly interesting. Probably why I am such a fan of Yohji Yamamoto's designs.


Photos c/o - Anupriya DG

Fringe Kimono Cape - c/o Dressin
And this is the pullover I got, but the size being a bit too small I gave it away to a sister of mine - Paris Eiffel Tower Pullover

Follow us on Project Curve

13 comments:

  1. Well, I'm delighted that you let go of your misgivings and wore the kimono, it looks fantastic. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shundori meye! I love everything fringe. Hence the obsession with making those earrings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love your white top too! where did you pick it up from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Got a bunch of basic tees from Brand Factory. Bare Denim brand. :D

      Delete
  4. looking pretty :) ..
    I am glad you let go and wore the cape..

    ReplyDelete
  5. U r rocking the look!! 👍 and loved the tinted glasses.!! From new market??

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovey look, it's so cool!
    Alessia
    new post
    THECHILICOOL
    FACEBOOK
    Kiss

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving you in kimono, you look dashing and I'd go on a murderous spree for those glasses, they're pink omg! Want!!!!
    Also, great new bloggy name, would love to see more posts from you ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. Yes! Mulled over the changed for a long while and finally did it

      Delete
  9. I love the fringes on it Debi. Very pretty.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is fabulous, body acceptance (including skin colour) is something we Indians are mostly clueless about. More power to you. Did I mention that you look gorgeous and ravishing .

    ReplyDelete