Tuesday 16 October 2012

Shopping Dud at Rooja.com

Midway in June I was contacted by the people at Rooja to become a member and they also wished to know if I would be interested in featuring them on my blog. Having read a couple of good reviews about them I agreed. I am always looking out for e-shops based in India as I can't shop from sites based elsewhere through paypal or a credit card (since I don't have one as of now).
~

About Rooja


Rooja.com is a membership by invitation fashion boutique that holds brand specific sale events at 10 AM everyday. Each sale lasts for a 3 - 7 days and offers up to 60% in discounts. What's awesome? membership is free!

Rooja’s Products
Rooja delivers hand picked selections of apparel, accessories and shoes. We bring you the best of brands and designers from all around the world at discounted prices.
Rooja’s Promises
Strictly Imported International Brands & Designers + Select Indian Designers.
Carefully chosen products.
100% Authentic Supplies.
Stringent quality control before dispatch.
Full refund or store credit? Your choice.
A customer service team that loves to interact and is hungry to serve. We are always waiting for your call.
~

This is what my experience was like shopping with them : I finally got around placing an order on 28th September. I ran into some problems placing the order but the on desk help promptly sorted it out for me and I had received a confirmation mail. I received my package on 10 October. But to my utter dismay I had only received the ring I had ordered. The other package, beautifully packaged in bubble wrap and ribbons, even though it had my name and address on top carried someone else's order. Instead of the bag I ordered I now have someone else's shoes. That someone lives in Pune. How do I know this? I also know her name, address and phone number since her invoice was inside the box. God only knows where my details are at this moment. I live in Calcutta! These cities are in two opposite directions and our names are nothing similar. I am wondering how the goof up could happen.
I emailed them instantly and they said they would arrange for a pickup from my house soon. It's 16th October. I haven't heard from them since. I have to keep the whole parcel with the box and envelope intact. 
I had thought I would wait till the whole mess is sorted out but I don't know when that will happen. All I can do is update you guys later about what happens. They did say (and according to other blog reviews) that this doesn't happen often. Well I hope not.

How is the collection? - It is quite good and the brands keep changing. So there is a fresh stock every week or so.
How are the prices? - Some are on the high end (above 10,000 for designer items) and some are quite reasonably priced (as low as 350 - 5000;approx). No cheap stuff though.
How is the product I did receive? - It is as it looked in the photos and in good shape.
Would I shop here again? - I doubt that. Though they have some really cool corsets right now.

rooja.com heart ring

P.S. - Well guess what! As I was typing down this post another parcel arrived. The bag is here. Though the delivery man said he wasn't given any specifications about picking up the other parcel.
The bag is 20cm in length and 19 cm in width contrary to what is mentioned on website "Size: 30 cm length, 20 cm width."

I appreciate the hand written note thanking me for shopping there and hoping I love my ring (yes this one came with the bag) and to contact them if I need to.




Bye

P.S.-I was provided with a gift certificate by the company but the opinions are mine

23 comments:

  1. wow ! will try out their site.
    The ring looks fab :D
    xoxo <3

    http://littlemisssinner.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you would have thought twice if you had read what i wrote..but it's upto you..

      Delete
  2. i have had a more disastrous experience with fashion and you. and since that day on... i have stopped e-shopping from that site.
    kunj
    kohllined.blogspot.in
    p.s that ring is lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i have had good experiences at other places..so don't give up on e-shopping yet..

      Delete
  3. i would never order from them again! LOL debi, that is crazy! i mean how could you mix up an order like that. two different areas! two totally different names! and then the bag measurements were off. what were they using to measure the bag? hahaha i guess it shrunk during delivery! so sorry you had to go through that, but at least now you know and can warn others. i don't think they'll be in business that long. hahaha
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i hope they rectify these issues..and the others have had better experiences..so i am hoping they don't go out of business.

      Delete
  4. Wonderful things you choose :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like the e-shop is having some growing pains. That said, that tote you ordered is pretty cool! Oh, and I've enjoyed your Indian fashion week takes. As you said, they are quite different from Fashion Weeks around the world. I really love those long, men's jackets (what do you call those?). I have a similar one, French but definitely patterned after these with a Nehru collar, and I think the cut and fabric is absolutely beautiful. -- J xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's way to small jenny to be a tote..and i think you are talking about "bandhgalas"..:)

      Delete
  6. That is some serious goof up and the delivery time is way late when compared to other websites like Jabong and Yebhi. Jabong is super fast when it comes to the delivery part and things come in good shape, haven't had any bad experiences yet. But the catch with them is things are a tad bit costlier on their site. Thanks for the great review, will remember not to shop from them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the delivery time is late compared to those websites but not that late on free shipping option if you think about it.even i haven't had any bad experiences with the other sites so far.and this site is on the expensive side on the cheaper one!

      Delete
  7. that's a frustrating screw up. Luckily I haven't had any such displacement issues with the sites like fashion and you and jabong. Touchwood :P
    anyway the ring is so pretty :)

    +Not Just My Allegories+

    ReplyDelete
  8. hmmm the shipment story is too bad, even if the finally gave you the right package!!
    Lovely ring BTW!
    Don't Call Me Fashion Blogger
    Bloglovin'
    Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  9. As much as I love online shopping convenience, but the truth is...odd sizing/ mistakes worry me. I hope if you do business with this vendor again it'll be worry free.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have been a member of Rooja for the past 3-4 months, but still haven't come across a really enticing deal. Or maybe I am too much of a miser.
    Anyway the bag looks good (though as you say, small). I can point out Mahatma Gandhi, Jawaharlal Nehru and Kunwar Dileep Singh, though I wonder who are those ladies...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the one on the left is gayatri devi!
      and i am pretty stringy when it comes to spending on clothes and accessories too..so i waited this long..

      Delete
  11. Products at Rooja are not at all 100% authentic as they claim to be. I just got duped by them. Being a perfumeholic i ordered Carolina Herrera 212 sexy Edt 60ml and they sent me CH NYC .Though being disappointed i decided to keep it anyway b'coz i dreaded the returning process and the perfume box looked genuine too.( by the way it took nearly 2weeks to reach me) But just as i opened the box and spritz some i was blasted with the most nauseating smell i ever knew. It was sheer plastic and rubber with concotion of God knows what . I almost puked right there and then. I don't know about the other products but BEWARE guys they sell fake perfumes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was beginning to think I was the only one who had a bad experience with them given that pretty much every other blogger had a good review of them. Good to know I have not given them a bad review unfairly.

      Delete
    2. Hi guys,
      My name is Raj and I am a founder at Rooja. Please rest assured that we will try our best to resolve this issue to the best of our capacity and do a thorough investigation regarding this claim.

      Also we have a new logistics system that we have implemented and we would never repeat the issue Debiparna faced.

      I will get back to you with my findings once we get back the perfume from Faith.

      Warm regards,
      Raj

      Delete
    3. Hi Faith,

      My name is Raj and I am a founder at Rooja. I have already emailed you to send it back to us and rest assured that you will get a full refund along with the shipping charges. We will do a thorough investigation once we get back the perfume and get back to you. We are committed to keeping our customers happy and we deal only in genuine products.

      Also regarding Debiparna's mistake - we fixed it the best we can and I promise we will never repeat the error. Please give us a try again and I am sure you will be satisfied.

      Thanks
      Raj

      Delete
  12. Hi!just got back my refund but umm...without the shipping charges.(??) Anywz, i am glad that atleast rooja had promtly resolved this issue without any hassels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. good to know they resolved it..but why not pay back the shipping as well?!

      Delete