Sunday 7 July 2013

From The Depths of DapperLou

Properly introducing menswear on my blog for the first time. I believe that men's clothing has limited options as it is compared to the massive choices women have and that requires men to be a little more creative when it comes to being truly stylish. Now I have seen many good looking guys wearing good looking clothes, but mostly I have seen men who just don't try, thinking peacocking is not the heterosexual man's forte. That is far from the truth. And I have decided it is high time I start showing off my favourite menswear looks that I discover on the web. If I ever snap a photo of a dapper man on the streets of Calcutta I will post it here too. Till then I will regret not taking the photo of this dashing Indian gentleman with an afro, wearing a fitted plaid wool suit at the Kolkata Fashion Week last year, by the time I got over my initial mesmerisation he disappeared as if he was some phantom after all.
Men who play with colours, textures, patterns, layers fit right in here - normalish to flamboyant, it will all be here.









all photos c/o dapperlou.com

Follow my blog via Bloglovin to stay up to date with the posts.

Follow songbird

21 comments:

  1. Sigh! If only we found such men on our city streets! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sould ahow my hubby so e of these pics....he is the opposite of elegance :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Men wearing formal attire are just so damn sexy =D

    NEW POST: www.chriissydollxo.com
    Let's talk at GFC and BLOGLOVIN'

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like men who dress casual.
    I also like when they look cool without trying too much!
    xxx
    Stella from a A Shiny Place

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love men's fashion! They have it so much easier than women. That's why I can't understand why every man doesn't dress good. It doesn't take much or a whole lot of money. HaHaHa
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! This is a wonderful idea ... besides all these pictures brighten my eye. hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, where are these amazing fashionable men?!! I sometimes see them in LA!! But, rarely! Ha ha!!

    (='.'=)
    Lauren at adorn la femme

    ReplyDelete
  8. AAah! This post gave me a good break from the all-girl blogs that I read everyday! Great post!

    http://bythewear.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  9. great post! Sometimes I forget that there are some very stylish guys out there too!
    xo Ilana @ My Modern Vintage

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice post!
    very beautiful pictures

    Kiss from Italy
    Nicky
    www.mywishstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. my boyfriend doesnt have a clue about fashion but hes started to be open about it and im a proud girlfriend haha. someday he will dress like this ^^

    ReplyDelete
  12. there are few things better than a well dressed man.
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  13. lovely photos,, what camera do you use??

    Follow me??? I'll follow back (^-^)
    www.seventhbliss.com
    follow seventhbliss on:BLOGLOVIN
    follow seventhbliss on:GFC
    follow seventhbliss on:FACEBOOK


    Have a great day lovely! (^-^)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi sweetie., i followed you already on bloglovin, twitter and facebook, and gfc too,., :) hope you do the same :)

      Delete
  14. Love this update (: x Do you mind if we follow each other ? Do let me know on my blog (: xx

    http://birdiethgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey (: thanks for commenting on my blog! I followed you on bloglovin already, do follow back if you don't mind. xx thanks (:

    http://birdiethgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. It is really nice to see a guy that cares about his appearance! It is true that we women have so many more choices of clothes than men! Love the fashion here!

    Rebecca
    www.winnipegstyle.ca

    ReplyDelete
  17. During NYFW, I enjoyed Nautica runway show for men SO MUCH!! Love seeing a dapper guy strutting his stuff!;-) Hope you are having a wonderful day!
    -Jyoti
    Style-Delights Blog

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good information here for all men to get their fashion. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009L89EF4

    ReplyDelete