Friday 4 May 2012

May Days - Vogue India

I am mesmerised by the sea. The unbound vastness is almost impudently majestic. The blue and green of the sea waters is like no other blue and green you can see. It is serene at night under the moonlight and it shimmers and shines under the tropical sun as I have seen. If you dip beneath the surface the world outside looks surreal but the deep, dark depth terrifies me, makes me claustrophobic. The sea is the most beautiful and terrifying to me. Forests and mountains don't hold my imagination the same way. The clashing sound of the waves collapsing and  rising together calms me down, slows down my breathing, washes away the weight I constantly seem to be carrying around my shoulders unwittingly.
Vogue India May issue has a beautiful spread called May Days. Photographed by Luis Monteiro and styled by Anaita Shroff Adajania. It is mesmerising. The movement is as inspiring as a dancer's caught in a freeze frame while doing an impassioned rendition of some brilliant rhapsody. Makes me wonder if model Jessiann Gravel Beland is a dancer.

Necklace-Curio Cottage;Fabric-Vinatge Wedding Dress Company
Silk-chiffon draped gown-Morphe by Amit Agarwal
Stretch knit dress-Mark Fast
Cotton dress-Dsquared2;Necklace-Erickson Beamon;Rings-Pamela Love
Sequinned dress-Elie Saab
Embellished dress-Emilio Pucci;Shell necklace-Pebble London;3 finger spike ring-Pamela Love
Metallic pleated skirt & bodysuit-Haider Ackerman;Necklace-Regina Dabdab;Ring-Elke
Dress-John Galliano

I love the way the sea looks, I love the fluidity of the underwater shots and how the sunlight is bouncing off of every surface. They don't even look half as good as they do in the magazine I have open in front of me right now.This makes me wish I could paint or take as brilliant photographs as these or at least go on a vacation right now to the Maldives where this is shot.


21 comments:

  1. Such gorgeous photography and stunning outfits. I love the sea too. Thanks for sharing! Cute blog =)

    xoxo,
    Suzie Q
    Style Cue by Suzie Q

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! I am always amazed when photographs are taken underwater, Maldives looks absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow!amazing pics.love the underwater photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. these shots are amazing! the 3rd picture down is everything! LOVE the movement!

    love from San Francisco,
    Britt+Whit

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, all these pics are just pure art!!! I can't choose my favorite, because they are all amazing!

    Alessia

    THE CHILI COOL


    FACEBOOK

    ReplyDelete
  6. This editorial is like a little piece of art, we can dream on it!!Don't Call Me Fashion Blogger
    Facebook
    Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore these images - a great post!

    xx

    http://girlonbroughtonstreet.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. all those poses stunned me, gorgeous gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are fantastic water, and out-of-water, shots. I see what you mean about the model looking like a dancer. She could be based on what I can glean from her movement.

    I seem to have missed a lot of your posts recently, but that could just be because I've been away for nearly a week. I hope it's not Bloglovin' acting up again.

    And yes, I remember your post after you read the Hunger Games too. One just can't drop the book and move onto something else. It lingers. I'll be digesting it this weekend before I begin another book. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. these are seriously cool inspirations - love it so much <3
    would you like to follow each other?:)
    A
    xx
    http://epiquemoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for your lovely comment - I'm one of your new followers, would be great to follow each other!

    xx

    http://girlonbroughtonstreet.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing stunning photos !!! Wow ;)

    http://www.snowblackblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow, what a great editorial ! :) love it :*

    ReplyDelete
  14. so beautiful!
    i have a thing for mermaid and these pictures are screaming mermaids to me. all different ones ;)
    thanks for sharing, Debi!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for your lovely comment - can't wait to see you on my blog again!

    xx

    http://girlonbroughtonstreet.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow these pictures are so stunning!

    -Jessica
    http://runninginsideus.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. hey Debi! that spread is truly amazing girl. her poses are exquisite and so is the back drop. i want to thank you for all of the nice comments you left for me while i was gone. you're the best girl! i'm happy to be back. hope all is well and have a great week.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Debi these shots are absolutely amazing truly breathtaking.


    <3 Marina
    Fashion.MakeUp.LifeStyle

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those pics are absolutely fab!!!! just wow:)

    Kisses, Lucy!

    ReplyDelete